From Eat Our Feelings | Side Dishes | American
cal Calories 322kcal
Low fat Total Fat 8g
Low sat-fat Saturated Fat 1g
chol Free Cholesterol 0mg
sodium Sodium 304mg
carbs Total Carbohydrate 62g
Serving size 846g Calories from fat 75kcal Fiber 18g Protein 12g Sugar 32g
- 2 heads purple/red cabbage
- olive or canola oil, to coat
- salt (about 1 tsp)
- Quarter the cabbage, leaving enough core so that the leaves hold together
- Coat cabbage liberally in oil. Lube it up, don't be shy. Toss with salt.
- Place cabbage on a nice hot grill, allowing leaves to char well. Flip every 3-5 minutes, until all sides have a good amount of blackening.
- Serve with our Red Pepper and Sunflower Seed Cream, or another sauce of choice (ideally something rich like a cream-based dressing or sweet and smokey like BBQ).
- ALT: If cooking in oven, bake for about 40 or so minutes, at 400°F (200°C), until there is a bit of blackness on the edges. The texture will be slightly different (though still delicious) using this method.