Coconut and Sesame Chocolate Truffles
From Eat Our Feelings | Desserts | American
High cal Calories 849kcal
High fat Total Fat 63g
High sat-fat Saturated Fat 35g
chol Cholesterol 7mg
sodium Sodium 325mg
carbs Total Carbohydrate 64g
Serving size 192g Calories from fat 570kcal Fiber 11g Protein 12g Sugar 41g
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pour chocolate into a large bowl. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring coconut milk to a gentle boil, pouring over chocolate. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in coconut oil, cinnamon, salt, and 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds. Refrigerate mixture for a couple hours, or until cool and solid.
- Pour the sesame seeds and black pepper into one bowl, and the shredded coconut into another. Using a spoon, scoop the chilled chocolate* and roll quickly in your hands (so as not to melt it with your warm little paws), then roll and coat evenly in either shredded coconut or sesame seeds.
- Store in a cool place before serving.
- *Truffles can be as big or small as you like! We usually make them about the size of a quarter-machine gum ball.