Goat and Ricotta Cheese Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Cherries and Arugula
From Eat Our Feelings | Main Dishes | Italian
- 1 pre-baked crust made with almond meal pizza dough (see recipe)
- 3/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 half red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- a couple handfuls, fresh arugula
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Sauté onions in olive oil, until soft and translucent. Add honey and cook a couple minutes longer, stirring frequently, until onions are fragrant and slightly brown.
- Combined ricotta and goat cheese, and spread onto pre-baked crust.
- Top with even layer of onions and cherries. Drizzle with balsamic.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, or until edges of crust are golden-brown.
- Top with fresh arugula, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Serve and enjoy!