Beet and Walnut Croquettes
From Eat Our Feelings | Main Dishes | American
cal Calories 140kcal
High fat Total Fat 13g
sat fat Saturated Fat 1g
chol Free Cholesterol 0mg
Low sodium Sodium 57mg
Low carbs Total Carbohydrate 6g
Serving size 53g Calories from fat 114kcal Fiber 2g Protein 3g Sugar 2g
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium-large beet, boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for sautéing
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sautee onion over medium heat, until translucent.
- In food processor, pulse onions with beets, walnuts, spices, salt, and olive oil, until color and consistency are almost uniform, using a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl, every so often. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- With damp hands, lightly roll the mixture into golfball sized croquettes. Space them evenly on baking sheet. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until they've started to turn slightly golden. Croquettes will firm up as they cool. Serve in lettuce shells and pretend that they are precious pearls in an oyster shell!