From Eat Our Feelings | Breakfast and Brunch | American
cal Calories 342kcal
High fat Total Fat 14g
sat fat Saturated Fat 2g
chol Cholesterol 0mg
High sodium Sodium 937mg
carbs Total Carbohydrate 47g
Serving size 179g Calories from fat 126kcal Fiber 5g Protein 9g Sugar 9g
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp nutmeg (freshly ground, if possible)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- oil, to coat pan
- In large bowl, whisk together flax meal and water, allowing to thicken for about 5 minutes
- In medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk wet ingredients into flax mixture. Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring until lumps are gone. It will be a thick batter.
- Heat oil on griddle or large skillet, over medium heat. Scoop about ¼ cups of batter onto griddle, and very light spread into cakes about 3 inches in diameter. When bubbles start to form, flip the cakes and cook on the other side until both are golden brown. Tip: Keep your oat cakes warm by popping them in a warm oven (200) on a plate. Just make sure it's not plastic!